Thursday 19 January 2017

Macbeth tour

Support independent publishing: buy this book on Lulu. The final arrangements are falling into place for my Macbeth tour of the Midwest. Just a few more flights and hotels to book.

So naturally my thoughts start sturning to the trip after that. Which, if you're wondering, is a weird punk-themed excursion to the Asheville Beer Week in May. It's very soon after the Midwest treip, I'll only be back home for a couple of weeks before flying out again. What a jetsetter I am.

I'd like to set up some Scottish-themed events in the UK this year. Along the same lines as the ones I've arranged in the US. It starts with home brew clubs or professional brewers who would like to take part getting in touch with me. I'll send them some histroc Scottish recipes, which they brew. A couple of months later I troll up and give a talk about Scottish beer in general and the beers that have been brewed in particular. During which we get to sample the beers.

It's lots of fun. If you can put up with me droning on for 45 minutes. I love giving talks. Mostly because people have to listen to me. If you have kids you'll understand what a relief that is. For you to finally have your say.

Anyway, if you'd like to participate, send me a message via the gadget at the top left of this page.

6 comments:

Bitter Donald said...

Do you know where and when in the midwest you'll be? Is there a schedule posted somewhere?

Ron Pattinson said...

Bitter Donald,

Friday 21st Apr Holland, Michigan
Saturday 22nd Kalamazoo
Sunday 23rd Hillsdale
Monday 24th Minneapolis
Tuesday 25th Minneapolis
Wednesday 26th Minneapolis
Thursday 27th St. Louis
Friday 28th St. Louis
Saturday 29th Indianapolis
Sunday 30th Indianapolis
Monday 1st May Chicago

Ron Pattinson said...

Lee Birkett,

send me a message via the gadget on the top left of the page.

Anonymous said...

Hillsdale Brewing, eh? That's only an hour from home.
I'll have to come see you! Already have a copy of HB Guidebto vintage beer though!

Mitch said...

Where are you speaking in Minneapolis?

Ron Pattinson said...

Mitch,

not sure at the moment. I'll publicise it later.