Wednesday 9 July 2008

Busy week

This week's going to be pretty busy. I've two foreign trips planned. What a globe-trotting jet-setter I am.

Until the EBCU recption the week before last, I hadn't visited the centre of Brussels for ten years. Wednesday I'll be there for the second time in a month. This time with the whole family in tow. That will limit my pub time.

It isn't a beer-drinking trip, of course. It's a stop the kids going stir crazy trip. Both kids have already picked where they want to visit in Brussels. Andrew - war museum; Lexie - lego shop. I should be able to slip in the odd beer in Delirium Cafe, as we'll be eating just around the corner. At least that's the plan.

Saturday, I'm off to Folkestone with Mikey. It's mostly a stocking up on cider and sausages trip. Knowing at least one car-owner can be handy. Given the kids' appetite for pies. But who doesn't like pies? With any luck, we'll arrive at about midday. Perfect for a dinnertime session. Anyone have any suggestions for good pubs in Folkestone?

5 comments:

Sat In A Pub said...

I'd say the Chambers is best. Good beer selection, real cider and decent food.

Joel said...

If you make it by Moeder Lambic early before it gets going, you could ask to see the cellar. It's pretty cool.

Here is a link to some notes on Fred's beer blog:
http://havebeer.blogspot.com/2008/02/zythos-beer-festival-trip-2008.html

Anonymous said...

Don't bother getting too many sausages - I'll be soon be making fresh British sausages in Rotterdam, hopefully within a couple of weeks. Let me know if you fancy being a guinea pig for the first couple of batches.

Can't help you with the pies or cider though. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Yup, reckon Tyson's sussed it; Chambers is about the best in town, though if you fancy the smelly front room type try the East Cliff Tavern (the beer is usually pretty good).

Ron Pattinson said...

Dave, you'll have to let me know where I can buy your sausages.

Tyson, fatman. Thanks for the tips. Smelly front room sounds right down my alley.