Friday 6 June 2008

My manor

I rarely mention the pubs close to my home. It's mostly deliberate. A couple of the pubs on my "secret list" are local. Look, I don't want any of you degenerates dropping by pubs where people know who I am. And where I live. I have to maintain a little privacy.

Anyway, one of my local pubs, one I almost never enter, attracted my attention last week. The main reason I don't go there is the beer choice. Amstel Pils or Amstel Pils. I'm not keen on either. Then last week my attention was drawn to some new signs in the window. In particular the one listing their beer selection. Duvel. That's a definite improvement. And West Mahler. Now that really does sound interesting. I wonder if it's German?

All of this does have a point, Believe me. Yesterday I trolled by to take a photo of the West Mahler sign. Sadly, I was unable to acquire the image I wanted. Firstly, because an old couple were sitting exactly where I needed to be to take the photo. Secondly, and more crucially, the sign had been removed.

So instead I've taken a series of photos of my manor: Hoofddorpplein. Not particularly beer-related, but, hey, you can't have everything. Marvel at the Amsterdamse School architecture, drool over Ton Overmars's bottles.






























1 comment:

The Beer Nut said...

West Mahler is definitely Czech. Like his brother Gustav.